The Erbium YAG Laser has been introduced as the next step in laser resurfacing and offers the benefits of less pain during treatment and recovery along with significantly faster healing times than any other resurfacing laser. We use the Erbium Yag Laser at Setiba Aesthetics Group to remove and decrease wrinkles and improve the overall color and skin texture of the face, neck, and hands.
Although treatments result will vary depending on various considerations, with few exceptions, you can expect an improvement in the texture and quality of your skin. Patients can receive this laser treatment at our Westlake Village location.
Candidates for Treatment:
- Fine wrinkles
- Color irregularities
- Sun damage
- Acne scarring
- Sun and age spots
- Stretch marks
The Erbium YAG Laser light is absorbed by the water in your skin cells. The absorption, in turn, causes the instantaneous vaporization of the cell. As the laser light is passed over the skin, a mere 30 millionths of an inch of tissue is removed at a time. This incredible control allows treatment only as deeply as needed, from removing wrinkles to refreshing your overall skin appearance. After the damaged skin is removed, new skin quickly re-grows in its place. Your skin care expert at Setiba Aesthetics Group will spend considerable time before the procedure explaining the process and preparing your skin.
BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES
10 Laser Skin Resurfacing Post Care Tips
- Sun exposure may cause hyperpigmentation. Stay out of the direct rays of the sun.
- Use a UVA UVB sunscreen of at least 30 or more even if you will be in the shade. Use a hat, and UV protected sunglasses if you must be out in the sun.
- Use Tylenol as needed for any discomfort.
- The expected response following treatment is usually redness and possible swelling of the treated skin. Swelling will not last more than 2-3 days. Keep your head elevated to reduce swelling for up to 48 hours.
- Do not pick at your open wounds. You need to treat your skin delicately – do not pick or exfoliate your skin until your skin heals.
- Apply prescribed skin care products. Post treatment you are prescribed to use Vaniply to the treatment area and to keep your face constantly moist.
- Cover your pillow with a fresh clean pillowcase. Wash your face with a mild cleanser and water twice a day. Be sure to wash your hands thoroughly prior to washing your face. Keep your face away from potential bacteria producing items like your cell phone, pillowcase, or sunglasses.
- Do not use makeup until your skin has completely healed.
- Do not exercise, use a sauna, Jacuzzi, or any other activity that will heat up your body’s temperature.
- Apply a vinegar and distilled water solution to your face 3 times a day for 5-10 minutes with gauze. This will deeply cleanse and help to heal your skin post treatment.