Laser skin resurfacing is a non-surgical procedure that takes less than two hours to complete. There are different lasers available, but our group of specialists at Setiba Aesthetics group will determine the best type of laser for your skin.
The high-energy beam of laser light is sent through an instrument, a hand piece that one of our board-certified doctors and skin experts will operate. It will be gently applied to the surface of your skin and the laser technology will do the rest – resurfacing your youthful skin layer by layer, by eliminating the damaged outer skin on top.
Aging, stress, sun exposure, environmental pollutants, and unhealthy lifestyle habits…these are just some of a host of things that we encounter and experience every day that could lead to skin imperfections we suffer from.
Fortunately, these mistakes can be easily corrected, thanks to the latest technology offered by Setiba Aesthetics Group, Laser Skin Resurfacing.
Laser skin resurfacing can turn back time by literally stripping away the damaged outer layers of your skin to unearth the healthy youthful skin underneath. You can say goodbye to wrinkles, acne scars, and pigmentation issues with of this special laser treatment.
The objective of the laser skin resurfacing treatment is to resurface a more youthful and delicate skin. It is very important to carefully follow the post-operative care procedures provided by our skin experts, or else, scarring, infection, and discoloration may appear.
Recovery time usually takes two weeks. However, every patient’s skin requirements are different so recovery time may also vary. For patients who require deeper penetration, complete recovery may require up to thirty days of healing time.
BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES
10 Laser Skin Resurfacing Post Care Tips
- Sun exposure may cause hyperpigmentation. Stay out of the direct rays of the sun.
- Use a UVA UVB sunscreen of at least 30 or more even if you will be in the shade. Use a hat, and UV protected sunglasses if you must be out in the sun.
- Use Tylenol as needed for any discomfort.
- The expected response following treatment is usually redness and possible swelling of the treated skin. Swelling will not last more than 2-3 days. Keep your head elevated to reduce swelling for up to 48 hours.
- Do not pick at your open wounds. You need to treat your skin delicately – do not pick or exfoliate your skin until your skin heals.
- Apply prescribed skin care products. Post treatment you are prescribed to use Vaniply to the treatment area and to keep your face constantly moist.
- Cover your pillow with a fresh clean pillowcase. Wash your face with a mild cleanser and water twice a day. Be sure to wash your hands thoroughly prior to washing your face. Keep your face away from potential bacteria producing items like your cell phone, pillowcase, or sunglasses.
- Do not use makeup until your skin has completely healed.
- Do not exercise, use a sauna, Jacuzzi, or any other activity that will heat up your body’s temperature.
- Apply a vinegar and distilled water solution to your face 3 times a day for 5-10 minutes with gauze. This will deeply cleanse and help to heal your skin post treatment.