Restylane is a NASHA (Non-Animal Stabilized Hyaluronic Acid) injectable dermal gel that is FDA-approved and is being used for facial folds/wrinkles correction and also Lip Augmentation. Since hyaluronic acid (HA) is a natural sugar than can be found in our skin, Restylane is one of the safest facial fillers among those being sold in the market right now.
Today’s world puts a premium on beauty. Looking fresh, attractive and youthful admittedly opens more doors and opportunities to you than if you a little too worse for the wear. That’s why when the question of how to stay young and beautiful comes up, a lot of people turn to the wonders of science for the answer.
Thousands of beauty-enhancing products and services claim fast effects and lasting results, and if one looks long and hard enough, one will usually be able to find the perfect fit for their individual needs.
Several kinds of beauty-enhancement products and services are available right now which you can choose from based on your needs. The most popular so far is cosmetic surgery, or what is commonly referred to as “going under the knife.” For those of us who are a little apprehensive about it though, there are always less invasive options to explore. One of these is getting facial fillers.
Get Free Consultation
Where is it usually injected?
Depending on where you need it the most, Restylane can be injected in the following areas to solve the problems mentioned:
- Nasolabial folds (laugh lines) running from the nose to mouth – smoothen the deep creases and add volume to them
- Lips – to plump your kissers up and smooth out verticals lines around them
- Cheeks – to enhance shape and restore youthfulness
- Eye area – to fill out and get rid of hollows or depressions under the eyes that make you look old
It can also be used to even out skin marred by a battle with chickenpox or acne in the past, to smoothen them out and make skin look more even.
How long does it take to work and how long does it last?
The procedure itself is relatively quick compared to similar procedures with different products and might just take between 5 to 30 minutes per area. The hyaluronic acid (HA) in Restylane works quickly and you can expect to see results immediately. However, it’s best to wait up to two weeks in order to give the product time enough to settle and for the minor swelling to subside, so can fully see and enjoy the final results.
How long does it last?
The effects last between six to nine months for average treatments, and three to four months with lip treatments.
People have different reasons why they choose to have aesthetic enhancements. If you have made your mind to get one, always make sure you do it only with a certified healthcare and beauty professionals for safety purposes. Discuss your options to help you decide which would work best for you. Results can take some time, but if looking good can help you become happier, more confident and satisfied, the wait would definitely be worth it.
Things you have to know before going through the procedure
- Since Restylane will be introduced into your skin by being injected into it expect minor pain or discomfort. Others report feeling only a slight pinch during the process. In any case this can always be alleviated by using anesthetics or even just a lidocaine-based numbing cream.
- There will be some bruising and swelling which you can always expect in procedures that involve the use of needle. About two weeks is the usual timeframe it takes for the product to finally settle. Make sure not to plan any strenuous activities so soon after.
- Side effects, although rare, can happen. As with any other medical treatments, Restylane (although clinically proven to be generally safe when applied correctly) can cause side effects occasionally. Commonly noted side effects are redness, swelling, tenderness, itching, bruising or pain, and in more serious cases, nodules and/or skin discoloration. It may also interact with other medicine you may be taking, so make sure you check with your physician first before going through the procedure.