Planning to Reopen on June 1st
We are excited to announce our office is opening once again! Our team has come up with new protocols to make sure our clients and staff are as safe as possible. We ask that if you are feeling unwell to avoid coming into the office or if you have been in contact with anyone who tested positive for Covid19. We ask that you be prompt and give us a call when you arrive so our staff can let you know when to come in. This will give us time to disinfect and minimize contact with other patients/staff. Please bring and wear your mask prior to entering the office.
We ask that clients come alone, if you are being driven, please have them wait in the car. Once at the office, our staff will greet you, ask questions, take your temperature and get you in the treatment room. Due to social distancing guidelines, we will have no more than 2 people in the waiting room. When appointments are done, one of our staff will bring you out.
Thank you Setiba family! We can’t wait to see you guys again!
– Our staff have been trained on how to sanitize and keep the facility clean.
– All staff will wear facial coverings as well as gloves, that will be discarded after each use.
– Our facility will be professionally cleaned, as always.
– The treatment tables and chairs are covered with disposable paper and cleaned after every client with CaviWipe solution.
– Waiting area seating is covered for client safety.
– Blankets, sheets, etc. are cleaned after a single use.
– Clients must come to their appointments alone, if they are being driven, said person must remain in the car.
– Clients must wear protective gear when coming into the office: gloves & mask.
– Clients will be asked questions when confirming their appointment to ensure they have not been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for Covid-19 or if they are not feeling well themselves.
– We ask clients to call us 5 minutes before their appointment time so we can notify them when to come into the office to minimize interaction with other clients.
– We will take client’s’ temperatures when they come into the office – if they show signs or symptoms of infections, they are sent home or asked to stay home if they do not feel well and reschedule their appointment.